M: +61 411 510 676
To establish a career as a screenwriter. I write with my husband and writing partner, Joe Newkirk. Our goal is to write entertaining and commercially viable stories that matter to our audience.
I am a speculative screenwriter with two years of experience in writing feature films. I have completed three feature screenplays; the first of which has placed four times in major US and UK screen competitions, quarterfinalist or better.
Previous career experience includes 17 years in the corporate sector as a Human Resources practitioner; and 10 years as a counsellor (therapist). I have also written extensively in the areas of employee communication; change management; marketing; blogging; and non-fiction, topics such as personal growth, creativity and change.
Last Priestess of Avalon (Feature – Historical Drama)
A High Priestess of Avalon must find a way to ensure the safety of the grail and her people’s ancient bloodline of the Light, against a medieval bishop’s desire to destroy their culture and take the grail for himself.
- Screencraft Fellowship 2018 – Semifinalist
- Shore Scripts 2017 – Quarterfinalist
- Scriptdoctor Contest of Contest Winners 2017 – Top 10
- Scriptapalooza Fellowship 2017 – Top 12
Two Hours From (Feature – Psychological Thriller)
After her husband’s mysterious death, a struggling mother decides to move to the country, only to find she is challenged to extremes to protect her children, animals and land by an old bushman, who knows no limits.
- Shore Scripts 2018 – Semifinalist
Sinjun (Feature – Drama)
An Australian horseman finds himself in the fight for his life to save his livelihood and herd from the harsh Australian outback, with only his horse Darcy to save him.
- Diploma Professional Counselling – AIPC – 2006
- Graduate Certificate in Creative Writing – QUT – 2001
- Graduate Certificate in Entrepreneurship & Innovation – Bond University – 1995
- Bachelor Business (HR/IR) – University of South Australia – 1992