M: +61 411 510 676
Our goal is to write entertaining and commercially viable stories that matter to our audience. I write with my husband and writing partner, Joe Newkirk.
I am a speculative screenwriter with three years of experience in writing feature films. I have completed four feature screenplays; the first of which has placed four times in major US and UK screenwriting competitions, quarterfinalist or better. The second has placed as a Semifinalist in a major UK screenwriting competition and received an honourable mention.
Previous career experience includes 17 years in the corporate sector as a Human Resources practitioner; and 10 years as a counsellor (therapist). I have also written extensively in the areas of employee communication; change management; marketing; blogging; and non-fiction, topics such as personal growth, creativity and change.
Last Priestess of Avalon (Feature – Historical Drama)
A High Priestess of Avalon must find a way to ensure the safety of the grail and her people’s ancient bloodline of the Light, against a medieval bishop’s desire to destroy their culture and take the grail for himself.
- Screencraft Fellowship 2018 – Semifinalist
- Shore Scripts 2017 – Quarterfinalist
- Scriptdoctor Contest of Contest Winners 2017 – Top 10
- Scriptapalooza Fellowship 2017 – Top 12
Two Hours From (Feature – Psychological Thriller)
After her husband’s mysterious death, a struggling mother decides to move to the country, only to find she is challenged to extremes to protect her children, animals and land by an old bushman, who knows no limits.
- Shore Scripts 2018 – Semifinalist
- Truant Screenplay Competition – Honorable Mention (an Animal Logic Company)
Sinjun (Feature – Drama)
An Australian horseman finds himself in the fight for his life to save his livelihood and herd from the harsh Australian outback, with only his horse to save him.
Godmother (Feature – Psychological Thriller)
A runaway teenage girl joins a household headed by a spiritual leader called the Godmother and quickly finds her new found freedom isn’t free and how far she is prepared to go to maintain it is pushed to extremes by her housemates, a group of misfit homeless youth.
- The Australian Writers Guild (AWG)
- Diploma Professional Counselling – AIPC – 2006
- Graduate Certificate in Creative Writing – QUT – 2001
- Graduate Certificate in Entrepreneurship & Innovation – Bond University – 1995
- Bachelor Business (HR/IR) – University of South Australia – 1992